Have you started your Spring home maintenance list?
Checklists, chores, lists of things to do. We all have them, especially if we own a home. Seems there is always a task on the maintenance list. But, that is just responsible home ownership. Spring helps some of us find the motivation to take care of those tasks. The warm temperatures of spring, hearing the birds sing and everything greening up can be just what one may need for a bit of motivation. Especially after this past winter! Of course, after Spring, we know what comes next - you got to love the 4 seasons of our wonderful Midwest.
Yes, Summer is next. Getting ready for Summer is a priority for HVAC Contractors. Keeping our customers comfortable in the heat of summer is top on our checklist - really, though, it's always our priority.
7 Things You Can Do to Get Your A/C Ready for Summer
- Change the furnace filter. If it has been a while since you last changed your filter, now is the time. Some filters should actually be changed once a month. Others only need changed periodically - ranging from once every 3 months to once a year. It stands to reason a clogged filter isn't going to do much for your air flow and that dirt eventually gets inside the components of the system.
- Make sure there is sufficient space around the inside unit, too. This is primarily a safety factor. The heating components of your furnace will not operate in the summer, but, like scheduling to change the batteries on your smoke detector when we change our clocks for daylight savings time, scheduling a regular check of the area around your furnace is always a good idea.
- Check the condensate hose connected to the coil at your furnace. Make sure it is clear so that condensation removed from the air can drain out of the unit.
- Check the area around your outdoor unit. Make sure branches are not hanging over the top of the unit. Clear any debris and leaves that may have fallen around the unit.
- With the power disabled from the unit, rinse away the dirt that has collected around the air conditioner coil with a garden hose. The coil is susceptible to damage, so be careful not to danage the "fins" of the coil.
- Reconnect the power to the unit and turn the unit to cooling at the thermostat. Cold air should come through the vents.
- Listen for odd noises that may come from the unit. If you hear anything unusual, turn the unit off to prevent any further damage that can occur from an out of balance blade or malfunctioning component inside the unit.
Balance Point Heating & Cooling can take care of that checklist for you!
If the cool air you hoped for didn't come out of those vents, or if you would rather just let the professionals take care of that a/c maintenance list, don't hesitate to call Balance Point. We provide Planned Maintenance for many of our customers. They made the choice to let us take care of the maintenance on their HVAC Systems. They are all members of our Fan Club! You can be a member, too! We can get your HVAC system ready for summer. We are ready to schedule comfort for you all of the time.
Be sure and check that unit BEFORE Summer!
Remember, check that unit before you need the cooling. But, if that busy schedule has prevented you from taking care of the chores and you need cooling comfort, call us - your comfort is our priority.
I will never use another company for any of my furnace or air conditioning needs!!!! They took the time to explain everything to me and let me know what I really needed (which was not what someone else told me I needed). They were complete professionals and I would recommend them to anyone I know
Our primary reason for choosing Balance Point was the trustworthiness of the staff
Eric was very helpful, answered my questions and solved my problem quickly.
We were very happy with the service and everyone we had contact with. We highly recommend your company.
I've used Balance Point on 2 of my houses. Never have they tried to pressure or upscale me. They listen to what my concerns are and always answer honestly.
All around professional group. Great communication and prompt accurate service.
Very professional staff. Good response to all our phone calls to Justin and Cindy. Thanks.
Fantastic, personal touch. Would highly recommend having Justin service any of my friends’ or family members’ homes.
Very professional and courteous. You can trust them to give you a fair price. I would recommend them to anyone!
Everyone was very nice and respectful. I felt I was given specialized treatment and was very grateful for their promptness in replacing my furnace.
Terrific and responsive. Met me on a weekend to assess system and provided a prompt proposal. Every part of the transaction was exceptional.
Excellent Job! I would use again, and tell everyone about company to use also! Thank you for a great job!
Thankful for an honest company able to help us at a very reasonable price. Thanks!